|X, THE BAND: LUCKY 13 POSTCARD SET
A series of 13 black and white photo postcards depicting the Los Angeles rock band X, taken over the years 1980-1983. The set container and back of each postcard feature graphics by lead singer, Exene Cervenka.
The Lucky 13 set of X postcards is a limited edition of 1300 box sets. However, the limited edition is now sold out. But an unnumbered set of all 13 cards in the box designed by Exene is available for $20, postage paid.
Note: Gelatin silver prints are also available. See portfolios X the Band and Portraits of Exene.
Lucky 13 set individual postcard descriptions:
- X01: Billy Zoom, Exene, D.J. Bonebrake & John Doe (Los Angeles, 1981)
- X02: Billy Zoom, Exene, D.J. Bonebrake & John Doe (Santa Barbara, 1980)
- X03: Exene Cervenka and John Doe (Louisiana countryside, 1980)
- X04: Exene Cervenka and John Doe (Tempe, Arizona, 1980)
- X05: D.J. Bonebrake, Billy Zoom, John Doe, & Exene (Whiskey a Go-Go, Los
- X06: John Doe (San Francisco, 1982)
- X07: Exene and Renoir's Two Sisters (San Francisco, 1981)
- X08: Billy Zoom, Exene, John Doe & D.J. Bonebrake (Sacramento, 1982)
- X09: John Doe (Los Angeles, 1983)
- X10: X on Dick Clark's American Bandstand (Burbank, 1982)
- X11: D. J. Bonebrake (Los Angeles, 1981)
- X12: Exene Cervenka (Los Angeles, 1981)
- X13: Billy Zoom (San Francisco, 1981)
Lucky 13 box set cover design
(by Exene Cervenka):